Associate / Senior Associate - Sydney
At Shine Lawyers, we are a law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients. We are a national team of 700+ dedicated people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are fortunate to work with people across a range of personal injury litigation matters. Our 40 offices across Australia continue to progress and grow their practices aiming for the best results for their clients. A hands on approach at all levels means that Shine is a law firm willing to tackle multi-nationals or explore home grown issues in the fight for justice.
Due to an internal promotion, we are seeking a motivated Associate / Senior Associate to work across our Personal Injury practice on a full-time, permanent basis in our high-performing Sydney branch. Working in our personal injury practice, you will work on a range of litigated matters across public liability, work injury damages and CTP.
- Competently manage and progress a variety of personal injury files across work injury damages, public liability and CTP
- Draft legal documents in a concise and effective manner
- Interpret legal advice to each client's particular case to suit their level of understanding
- Be commercially responsible and fiscally aware, in relation to running files
- Effectively assess claims including liability and quantum
- Develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with clients, including effective and regular communication and managing the client's expectations
- Take an active role in working with and mentoring junior staff
- Minimum 4 years' post-admission experience
- Proven experience across work injury damages, public liability and/or CTP
- Ability to manage large volumes of documents
- Enjoy working on legally challenging and factually complex matters
- Maturity and confidence to deal with clients, senior and junior counsel and expert witnesses
- A desire to be part of a strong, cohesive team that works together to get great results
- Ability to communicate effectively with experts in multiple fields
- Strong attention to detail and superb written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate, motivated and enthusiastic individual who wants to take their career to the next level
What we offer
A national ASX-listed company with great aspirations, growth and emerging practice areas. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.